Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010

This week has been a Crazy week. Sorry for my short messages the last couple of weeks we have been really busy finding and not alot of teaching but we are on a good stream of both right now. But anyways

This week we baptized Marie's two boys Daniel and Gabriel. I batized Gabriel and Elder Mezerai baptized Daniel it was an amazing experience They both scream when they got in the water even though it was really warm. I guess they spirit was just too overwhelming for them :) We also Confirmed Marie a member it was really cool. Elder Mezerai and myself are working really hard to reach our goal of 6 baptizms this month. We have two and we should have for sure 3 more the rest of this month and one we are not 100% sure of yet but the Lord is helping us to know with a surety that we will reach the goal. So weve put our best foot forward and we continue on. Our best Member Missionary that we take with us EVERYWHERE whenever we are in need of a 3rd Male he is GOING HOME!!! Back to Congo on Monday so now we have to use our Senior Couple the Woofindens which is kind of a hassle becasue they never say No but we feel like maybe we might overwhelm them with all the appointments we need them for but they say its all right. We will see.

So this week during our lesson with Marie and Daphne and the two boys Daphne asked what a Patriarchal Blessing is so we explained it and she WANTS IT!!!! So we explained it to hear a little deeper and she was asking questions left and right and she was just so excited so I showed her mine and what it looks like. Well I realized I havent looked at it since the 2 week I was in the MTC. So for Personal study the last 2 days Ive been studying my Patriarchal Blessing and WOW!!! It makes alot more since now then it did just 4 months ago. I talks alot about my mission and the things it says are just amazing. So I just wanted to put a question in all your minds. When was the last time you looked at yours? If you dont have one. Why not? They are amazing I realize now how important it is that we have them. They are like a 3rd set of scriptures but they are meant for only one person. YOU!!! How cool is that. God loves you soooo much that we wanted you to have a little help in like its kind of like for example life is a test and so God didnt want us to know all the answers so thats why we had to pass through the veil of forgetfulness and then we didnt want us to be completly oblivious so he sent us prophets and teachers and they those that are memebers of the church we have Patriarchal Blessings that are another guide that give us a greater direction and knowledge of what we need to do. I know I have only been in this World for 19 years but in my Patriarchal Blessing it lets me see the years before this life and it goes on to tell me of all the wonderful blessings i will recieve in the life after this one. How cool is that! I know that if we all will spend just a few minutes going over our own Patriarchal Blessings and look at all the promises the Lord has given us we will know what we have done and what needs to be done.

Well I Love you all and for those of you who dont know what a Patriarchal Blessing is. Ask a member or better yet ask a missionary. They are a wonderful blessing to have and Really will help you understand things more clearly. I Love you write me :)
Love Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Advice, Hints, and encouragement are always accepted and appreciated!