Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010

So this week we had Fast and Testimony meeting. It was amazing. We confirmed Daniel and Gabriel members of the church. It was such an amazing experience to give someone the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I could just feel the Love from God to these young boys it was amazing. Before I was really nervous and didnt want to do it because I didnt know what to say I had never done it before. Well I did it and There was a long pause after I said "Receive the Holy Ghost" I was thinking Oh no why isnt anything coming and then all of a sudden I started getting all these things to say and I knew they were directly from God. It was an amazing experience. The best part was during the meeting Daniel wanted to bear his testimony and once we got up there He was just Blank faced and didnt know what to say it was really funny. But then I gave mine and he stood up there with me it was really cool.

Helene went up and bore her testimony it was really awesome you could feel the spirit in her words as she testified of her knowledge and faith in the Savior and as she testified of all the things we had taught her it was amazing she is really progressing to her Baptismal date which is on April 11 then we have Guy and Mouna and their little daughter Gidnee she is hilarious. Well we finally got them to come to church they were late but they made it. I Love the memebers of our branch because they just make everyone feel so welcomed and a part of our family.

Well big news Elder Mezerai is going to D.C. North to be the new District Leader and Im staying here in Takoma Park for a little bit longer. I am Receiving Elder Olsen he is from Utah and he has about 8 months left I think so he knows quite a bit of French. Elder Bishop one of our roommates is going home TODAY!!! We got to meet his parents. Elder Bishop actually knows Jake and he had been over to Uncle Cals quite a few times. Well we are really excited for the new Transfer and the only sad part about the whole transfer is Elder Hirschi who speaks just about as good of French as Elder Mezerai well he is going to the English program and he is definatly not happy about that one bit. Because the APs told him that he wont come back to the French program and that he is probably going to die in the English program. So that was the only negative about the whole transfer other than that everything is really good.

We have 3 sisters who speak French at the V.C. now so that will be alot of fun and then we received one new Elder his name is Elder Anderson he had the same instructers as me in the MTC. Its really funny because when he got here he pretty much knew all about me Soeur Roubicek and Frere Kelly talked about me alot he said LoL. Anyways I dont have my camera cord so I cant send picture right now but I will send some next week I promise. I Love you all and God Bless you

-Elder Joshua K Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Advice, Hints, and encouragement are always accepted and appreciated!