Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

Sorry I didnt write last week some things came up that I had to take care of and I didnt have alot of time. Elder Olson and I have been really busy getting work done.
Just last Sunday Helene received the Holy Ghost and Marius who has been a member for almost 1 year had his named anounced and he received the Melchizadek Priesthood. Pretty cool Sunday. Elder Olson and myself have also been really busy pulling pranks on our roommates (see pictures) We have also spent alot of hours searching for Less-Actives and alot of them have moved and their phones dont work so we have alot of "Lost" members out here.
Funny story so after 6 months I have finally made my first big language mistake. Before I would maybe mix up words and put pronouns in the wrong spot or something grammatical like that well the other day we were teaching Helene about Family History and Temples and we told the story about the people who drowned in the big flood during the time of Noah and how those people need their work done well I didnt realize how similiar the word for Drown and the work for Naked are so instead of saying the people the Drowned I said "The People that were Naked during the big flood." UHHHH..... OPPS... haha we had a good laugh about it though. Her face oh man her face was just so funny...
We did have a guy tell Elder Olson and I that Mormons dont even believe in the 10 commandments we told him we do and he said well you sure dont follow them. ummm... okay crazy guy you can think what you want well we asked him were he got his "information".... the internet... do you believe everything you find on the internet? Man some people... Satan has really got a hold on society and he isnt going to let go anytime soon. So my warning for this week... Dont believe everything you find on the internet... Remember Moroni 10:3-5 The Holy Spirit isnt limited to testify only of Gospel truths but ALL truths. Just please remember that. Love you ALL
-Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Advice, Hints, and encouragement are always accepted and appreciated!